Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thoughts on Jiuzhaigou trip

Really kind of unexpected, in my 3 days in Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong, I only saw one piece of rubbish lying on the ground. (This is CHINA! Don't forget. A lot cleaner than ANY country park in Hong Kong.) And I don't recall seeing anyone smoking. Even in Chengdu, the amount of rubbish is no more than that compared to Hong Kong.

One factor may be the number of rubbish bins available, you can find rubbish bins within short distances.(They have two bins joined together, one for recyclable materials and one for non-recyclable, even though I don't see much difference in the stuff being dumped in the two bins. =P)

However, I think Chinese people do realise these areas ought to be treasured.

As for Chengdu, is that an post-Olympic effect? I am not sure...

China is improving, I still remember when I got back from Yunnan, I was saddened by the way people act in these scenic areas.

I guess this is evidence that China is changing for the better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I already forgot how ppl behaved in Yunnan lu...