Thursday, January 11, 2007

Fantasie Show (Marrakesh, Morocco)

What kind of fantasy is this? Horror fantasy??

During my trip to Morocco, we saw a fantasie show. Fantansie show is basically a show of horsemanship.

Marrakesh was very hot on the day I visited, many Western tourists even wore tank tops, while I was sweating heavily under my clothes... When we went out to see the fantasie show at night, I merely added a sweater on the top...

The end result was that we were freezing to death... and these costumed girls still grabbed us to take a pic with them... I looked so awful in the pic (hey, I was frozen), so I did not buy the photo, but here's the photo of the pic placed on my jeans. HAHA!!

The fantansie show was quite good. Though the sudden rifle shooting scared me, it was a good show. However, most of my tour mates missed the show because they stayed indoors due to the low temperature outside. Me? I would not miss the show, I had travelled so far to Morocco, I don't think I'll go back any time soon, so I had to see it, and of course it helped when one of my tour mates lent me her coat.



There were fireworks, bellydancing in the show as well. The belly dancer was really amazing... wearing very skimpy clothes in a VERY cold night... Maybe the dancing really helped generate a bit of heat... still...

2 comments:

John said...

Nice pictures and I really enjoyed reading your blog.
I also visited Marrakech and I really like it. We lived in traditional Marrakech property - the riad (house with garden).
I liked Djemaa el Fna square! It was very interesting there. And we visited famous The Hassan II mosque and other sights in Casablanca.
I really enjoyed my trip to this exotic country.

aMy said...

Welcome and thanks John! Glad to hear that you enjoy reading my blog.

Fez is interesting as well. I didn't like Casablanca that much tho.