Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Art

A friend of mine will open an art studio-cafe thing this Friday.

I've never been really good at drawing, and I can only recognise some of the famous masterpieces, BUT I can never appreciate why they are considered masterpiece, not other "layman" pieces instead...

When I stood in front of Mona Lisa at Louvre years ago, I was thinking this woman looked as ugly as I thought... And I hate Picasso. Monet is ok, Van Gogh is just plain crazy for me.

There is a question that's always been at the back of my mind... Are those so called masterpieces really that good? Say for example, I can't tell the difference between something Picasso painted and ugly stuff by someone who don't know how to draw... Both are similar in my mind because I can't tell what they're drawing! HAHA!!


No comments: