Sunday, January 28, 2007

Engine

Just talking about Takuya Kimura in the comments of the previous post reminded me that I did not write anything about the last episode of Engine I watched last week.

spoiler ahead!!





I like the ending where Jiro lost the race. Haha! It's surprising that he actually was the last. That scene brought tears to my eyes... How Jiro insisted on going to the finishing line even when his car broke down.

In fact, the whole series is a pleasant surprise in itself. Before I watched I expected something like Pride, on how the hero works hard and wins in the end, and how the couple falls in love. However, these are just minor subplots in Engine. The story is about how Jiro and the children in the foster home changed each other in their life.

I like it!

No comments: