Thursday, January 25, 2007

Johnny Depp

I got this friend in secondary school who was crazy about Johnny Depp. I could never understand why people are so fascinated by him. I looked at his photos, he's not that good looking on pictures.

Until yesterday. I finally realised his charms lie in his charisma, how he moved his body, how he speaks, etc, not something that could be captured easily on pictures.

What happened yesterday? I watched my first Johnny Depp movie (yeah, I know you can't believe this.)-- The Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

WOW!

His co-star-- Orlando Bloom is the kind which is considered classically handsome. You can just take a look at his pic and say "he's gorgeous!"

For Johnny Depp, after reading about him on the web last night, I did NOT see EVEN one pic that I like... However, I love watching him in the movie.

His voice especially with that accent (I thought the accent was real when I watched the movie) is so sexy...

By the way, the movie is very exciting, not a single dull moment.

Hey, the limelight was completely stolen by Johnny Depp... you can't blame me for such a review... haha!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

you'll probably be let down by part II of this movie series. johnny debb...quite okay. but i still like keanu reeves much more.

aMy said...

Really? I got part 2 at home, but no time to watch it yet

I don't like Keanu Reeves though...

Anonymous said...

Part 2 is a whole lot less exciting
Looking forward to part three.. although will probably cringe at Chow Yun Fat's english!

aMy said...

yep... I agree... just finished watching part 2... the only thing I enjoyed is Johnny Depp's voice... Part 2 is too long, 2.5 hrs... and the plot is not all that good.

yeah... I hope Chow Yun Fat gets English lessons... but if his English is too good, then he probably can't play these "foreign" roles...

aMy said...

I like Takuya Kimura's voice AND his looks!! HAHA!!!

He's very good looking! Much more than Johnny Depp. =P

Anonymous said...

我好喜歡JD。嘻嘻。
邪邪0地,怪怪0地。。好正!

aMy said...

you like Johnny Depp? I think he's a very talented actor, I am watching his other film "Finding Neverland" (just finished 1/4 of it, and he got Scottish accent in this one! WOW!!!)

I almost cannot recognise he's the same guy... not just his looks, his voice, his movements... everything looks different.

he's really great in acting!!

Anonymous said...

I could not leave my msg via firefox... ...

I love him since 80s after I watched his "Edward's scissor hands".

I watched the film twice you mentioned on a plane to Paris.

aMy said...

I use firefox and I can leave msg on blogs... hmm... maybe it's a cookie problem?

I have never watched Edward Scissorhands (haha! I knew of this movie when I was in secondary school, but never got to watch it) but his performance in Pirates was superb!

Anonymous said...

I like Johnny Depp much too!!! I like the "Edward Scissor hands", "the Sleepy Hollow", the Corpse Bride" (a cartoon with his 配音). He's really great!!!

Beth said...

You really must watch "Don Juan de Marco"...not only is it a terrific movie, but Depp is at his charming, handsomest best in it. Also, try "Chocolat," which is also worth watching even without Depp as a gypsy.