Saturday, September 29, 2007

Force of Nature


Force of Nature- My second book with homosexual heroes in this week in a row. (I have actually finished it a few days ago.)

Wow! Unbelievably good. I really can't believe that I love this homosexual suspense/romance (sorry Ric and Annie, you two are clearly not the main characters in this book). I'm so glad it's so much better than the previous book Into the Storm, because I actually bought the hardcover... =P

You'll definitely enjoy this story about a gay FBI agent and an Academy Award nominee who's also an alcoholic, how they tried to stop the son of a gangster from smuggling one of the leaders of Al Qaeda into the States. (With the help of Annie and Ric of course. They are supposed to be the main cast here.) Sounds interesting?? It is.

Unlike Into the Storm, this one actually have a good action/suspense plot. You need to read the previous books in order to fully enjoy this one. (At least Hot Target.)

I was kinda surprised coz I expected this whole arc like Sam and Alyssa... where we have to endure the agony of seeing Jules and Robin separate in the end of this book...

I am glad that I didn't. However, it also means we have not much chance to see them again (I know there's a novella coming...)

I understand there's a lot of discrimination against homosexual people, and Suz tried to make the world a better place for her son through this book. However, if only there's a little bit less preaching about this through the characters then it'll be perfect. She has already done a really good job in presenting an action story in which the heroes happened to be two very likeable homosexual people.

I think there should be more good novels/movies with characters who are just happened to be Christians. I have never read any really good ones apart from the Outlander series.

More people hate homosexuals than Christians now, but I think the world is changing, I can foresee a world with more people hating Christians than homosexuals in the future. Enough of my own babbling...

No comments: