Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Long wait... my TBR list growing...


The latest novel by my No. 1 fav writer Diana Gabaldon opened on its first week of sale #8 on the New York Times bestselling list. And I have ordered it before it was published... however, I have just got it today... HAHA!! So happy!!

I have also got the latest book by Suzanne Brockmann-- Force of Nature as well. It is on the NYT list as well... (I couldn't wait for Jules and Robin's story... so I got the hardcover as well... Her previous books in the Troubleshooters series are such good military and suspense fiction. Unlike those written by men with great action plot, where the heroes have relationship/sex with the female characters, purely to satisfy the "Jame Bond" complex of readers/writers in my opinion, because you can find no other reason why these people would suddenly sleep together, other than the adrenaline rush, I suppose. The plot may be exciting, but the characters are usually poorly developed... As for women, lots of them tried writing romantic suspense out there, but the end result is usually something that is neither suspenseful nor romantic =P However, it's very different for her books. I have always loved reading her books, really good action plot and characters whose development and relationship evolved around the plot, but her skills seemed to be deteriorating in Into the Storm, I hope I didn't waste my money on Force of Nature...)


It was not until today that I realised I've got two books on the top of my TBR pile with homosexual heroes... =P HAHA!!

No comments: