Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Conservation

Most of my friends (even my insurance agent!) know I am very concerned about environmental issues. I am constantly nagging people to recycle stuff and use paper on both sides, etc...

Today, my new personal banker called me, (obviously he did not know me that well...) He asked me if my family needs new bank notes for "lai see" (lucky) money for Chinese New Year, "apparently the government did not want to print that much new notes this year, for environmental protection wor (a Cantonese expletive, used somewhat mockingly in this case... how can I translate this word into English with the tone preserved...? too hungry to think clearly, need to get some snacks...)"

Anyway, the main point is WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION OR CONSERVATION??!!!

No comments: