Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Funny

The government's new strategy will probably be ineffective to prevent pregnant ladies coming from mainland.

Why? How do I know?

Today I was at work, I picked up my phone and there was this woman with a distinctive mainland Cantonese accent. She asked me how to apply for documents to give birth in Hong Kong.

Why did she call me? Well, I ask her the same question.

She said she was told to call XXXX-XX7X (phone number). And my phone number is XXXX-XX8X.

I told her she got the wrong number...

My colleagues joked that I should tell her my account number and asked her to transfer the $ to my account.

Anyway, many of these people can afford to buy to give birth in Hong Kong. Even if they have to borrow it now, they'll get it back as soon as they apply for social security.

sigh... my tax money...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

唉, 令本地太太更唔想生... ... 迫餐死, 可能仲會俾佢地話: 你唔巧蝦禾喎, 禾第內地能, 唔巧蝦記. (估下佢講咩, 估唔到見臉學俾你聽)

aMy said...

I can't guess the last sentence...