Sunday, July 30, 2006

Lebanon-Israel War

I have been following the news since the war between Lebanon and Israel broke out.

Both sides are unlikely to back down now, and this whole thing must have escalated way beyond their initial expectations. It is sad to see so many civilians (especially children) being killed or hurt.

As most people prayed for wisdom for leaders or peace, I kept thinking why God is allowing this. Not in a negative way, I'm not like "HOW CAN GOD LET INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE?" I'm more like what God's planning with all this, how does this war fit in His whole plan.

I never knew Lebanon has a population that consists of 30% of Christians before today. Wow, I always thought it's an Islamic country. 30%, that's way more than HK. Anyway, most of them blamed both sides for the conflict. That's what I think as well. Hezbollah is practically a group of terrorists and they kidnapped the Israeli soldiers first and initiated the conflict. However, the Israeli army used this as an excuse to attack Lebanon way out of proportion even involving the civilians.

May God's will be done and may God turn this whole disaster into a blessing.

No comments: