Monday, October 20, 2008

Planning the trip

Initially I planned to go to India, October is a good time to go and my leave happened to coincide with an Indian Festival, so I thought it would be special, however, the fact that I could not find any tours going to India plus news of a serial bombing in New Delhi changed my plans.

With the recent earthquake in Sichuan, I thought it might be a good time to go, because there maybe slightly less people. (Even though October is the traditional high season, it is usually so crowded that you cannot take a photo without anyone else in it. =P)

The price is steep though. Especially since our planning is a bit late, and some flights are full already, and all the cheap tickets are gone...

If we can really see the red leaves, then it'll be worth it. =P That's why I'm checking this red leaves index! The leaves are turning red now! Will they stay red till I go?!

Most of the tours only spent one day in Jiuzhaigou itself, (maybe because the entrance fee with bus fee is >RMB300 already! not to mention the hotel is more expensive in Jiuzhai compared to Chengdu!), plus I hate all the shopping!! That's why we went into all the trouble to plan the trip ourselves.

Here's our plan (mainly due to plane ticket problems):
25/10 Hong Kong--> Chengdu
26/10 Chengdu--> Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong Airport--> Huanglong --> Hotel
27/10 Jiuzhaigou
28/10 Jiuzhaigou
29/10 Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong Airport --> Chengdu
30/10 Chengdu--> Hong Kong

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

in my opinion, actually one-day visit to "jiujianzhou" ( i don't know the phonetics) is enough. because for the first few "scenery", you would really be amazed. but after seeing more "scenery", the amazing feelings would fade out and you would feel "everywhere seems like the same"...

aMy said...

All the books I read say a one day trip is too much of a hurry for Jiuzhaigou, esp if you want to take photos (you know I'll be taking photos like crazy =P)

I don't know hopefully two days will not be too boring, I paid a lot more for this =P

aMy said...

According to the latest red leaves index

最新发布:10月22日至11月5日红叶指数为Ⅲ级:叶片变色率为60%~95%之间,全部是深红、暗红或紫红色,是观赏红叶的最佳时期。

Red leaves! Stay there till I come!!