Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thinking about a new camera... just thinking!

The handgrip of my camera has fallen off, I don't even know when it did... Now I really want to get a new one, but the old one is still fully functional... And the functions are adequate for my use, I can adjust aperture, shutter speed, the biggest problem is just the noise control... plus it's small and handy as well.

I used to think if I were to buy a new one, I would have got a DSLR. After seeing my friend getting her "small" DSLR out from her backpack in our Jiuzhaigou trip, I'm not so sure...

Not that I'm buying, but the directions where I'm looking includes

Canon Powershot G10 (G10! and the control knobs seem pretty good, even with an ISO control knob)
Canon Powershot SX1 IS
Canon Powershot SX10 IS (not so good as G series? but really expensive!! lens range from 28mm to 560mm, I don't think I need another camera!)
Panasonic LX3 (obviously an upgrade of my LX2, I can probably get discount buying it, and a friend said the noise control is much better and the photos he got are even better than those using DSLR, and it's got ultra wide angle 24mm, and even f/2.0)

And the lightest DSLR of all- Olympus E-420
and just 70g more, Canon EOS 1000D
obviously for me to learn more on photography, but heavy and most likely need more investment on lens... $$$

Just thinking out aloud...

Actually kinda worried that my camera, with so many external parts broken, it may have some interior damage... what if it broke down during my trip...??

No comments: