Saturday, August 11, 2007

Shoe Shopping

I have always had trouble to buy shoes of the right size, well, ever since I'm no longer a kid.

First of all, my feet are quite big, AND the two of them are different in size...

I need to wear at least size 38 to fit (which is often the biggest size available here in Hong Kong) and usually my bigger foot cannot fit well into the shoes... or if they do have a bigger pair of shoes, then it's too big for my smaller foot...

I got another broken pair of shoes again (as some of you may notice a few days ago =P), so I went on to shoe shopping for a pair of black shoes that can be worn with dresses...

Is it my problem that I cannot find shoes that fit? The salesperson was SO rude as if it was my own fault. "You wear the shoes for a few more times, it'll feel better." I told her repeatedly I have been fooled numerous times to buy dozens of pairs of shoes that did not fit because of this statement. She didn't seem to be convinced...

I read about this custom made shoe shop on the newspaper a few days ago, wondering if I should go and try it out...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i know that shop. but it seems quite expensive actually. hmm...you may try the ones in happy valley. some of them are not expensive but quite comfortable.

aMy said...

Really? According to newspaper, it's around $500-600/pair of shoes, but I haven't been there yet.

I went shoe shopping again today, and my feet could not even be PUT inside the size 38 shoes!! And the biggest size 40 is still a bit too tight...

sigh...

Unknown said...

i think there're two types in that shop, one is really specially made for u, with the 'mould' of your feet; the other is u are assigned one pre-made mould which is the most suitable for you.

Anonymous said...

Could not help agreeing with you- How difficult to buy a pair of good shoes with reasonable price... especailly when my feet are of size 40...

I've got a pair of shoes from shoe girl. The shoes are comfortable but a little bit expensive. (Poor... I have to pay a surcharge of $100 for size 39 or above)

I recommend you to buy in Staccato (cheaper)/ Joy & Peace (only buy at discounted prices). Their shoes are bigger. Sometimes you may go and see in "pedder red" or "i.t".(of course, when they are on sale. the shoes could be as cheap as +300 or above) I think having size-38 feets would be easier.

(haha... the longest comment ever since)

aMy said...

Pui, how much is "a little bit expensive" (for the pair of shoes you bought at shoegirl)?

Pedder Red? I don't know this shop... hmm...

I've looked at the shoes from IT already, hmm...

Anonymous said...

The pair of shoes from Shoe girl, originally, should be $600. But remember my situation?! Then I, without much calculation, and partly because I'm desperate to HAVE a new pair (really out of real need)of shoes, I paid for them... So far, I have worn them for over half and a year and no signs of brokeage so far.

There is a "Pedder Red" in Gateway and apm. They sell European shoes. That's why the shoes size are generally larger.

Unknown said...

hmm.. it really depends on what kind of shoes you are aiming at. i know those in pedder red, i.t. are good. but their styles just may not suit everyone.