Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mimosa

One thing we see less and less in Hong Kong, apart from the old buildings (as from my previous post), is -- MIMOSA!

I don't know if you feel the same way, when I was a kid, I used to see mimosa everywhere in parks, along the pavement, even in urban areas! My grandmother used to bring me to a park near my kindergarten quite often after school, and I could find mimosa along the way.

Some people told me mimosa can only survive in places with air quality that is not bad. I guess that is why I don't see mimosa all that much now.

P1060915

I thought this wasn't mimosa when I first saw it, I was fooled too many times by plants that looked like mimosa but wasn't, but it really was, and there were lots of them nearby!!

This picture was taken in Yuen Long last month, just wondering when mimosa will disappear from the New Territories as well...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes... I used to see them everywhere along the roadside back when I was in kindergarten/primary school...

aMy said...

yeah! do u see them now? I dun see them on Kln side much now...

Anonymous said...

I got a lot in my home!!
I think autumn is coming, so it started to die. But it got a lot of flower and now the fruits, yeah!!!

aMy said...

You're living in the NT ma =P and are these the ones you bought when we went to Yunnan? I remembered you mentioned it in your blog before

Anonymous said...

I used to live in NT during those days, and there were lots of them... now I rarely see them on HK Island. I am now far too urbanized...