Tuesday, October 10, 2006

False Prophet (Faye Kellerman)

Again, I read this book out of order because I've read most of the series already, just filling the missing gaps.

This one is a much better mystery compared to the Ritual Bath, there're many twists & turns and I didn't know who the culprit was. The problem with this book is that it ended the same way, I still don't know who the culprit is after reading the last page... Though the mystery kept me turning the pages, but the ending is really lousy.

Another problem with this book is that there're not much Jewish stuff in it. The most special thing with this series is the religious aspect. Without it, it'll be like an ordinary mystery. Or maybe romantic suspense, like the "In Death" series, which I think are becoming more & more boring, I kept on skipping pages till I reached the end in the recent few books.

And the only development in the relationship aspect in this book is between Decker & his stepsons. I do like reading about Decker and his stepsons, esp. with Jacob in the later books. This book doesn't have a lot of relationship development either.

For me, a good book is one that I can re-read again and again. That's why, for me, merely a good mystery can never be considered a good book. Well, this one can't even be considered a good mystery because of the poor ending.

No comments: