Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lord of the White Castle (Elizabeth Chadwick)

I was really looking forward to reading this book, the reviews are quite good in Amazon, and one reviewer even compared it to those of my favourite writer -- Diana Gabaldon.

The initial part is ok, I like it. I kept on wondering how Chadwick can make this outlaw fit in back to the system. (I didn't know Fulke is a real historical character.)

Then after the intial 400 pages, I can almost guess what is going to happen... I kept on thinking how can you put Clarice and Fulke together??!!! Again that's history, but... I can guess what is going to happen even when Clarice is just a young girl and I just flipped over the pages to see the ending...

Diana's books are incomparable. However, if I want to read another straight historical novel, I'll choose Sharon Kay Penman's over Elizabeth Chadwick's.

No comments: