Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Packing list

After years of going to camping and traveling, and realising I SHOULD HAVE TAKE THAT WITH ME! I've made my own packing list for all occasions.

The problem with this trip... it's winter in New Zealand, and I have to take lots of thick coats, socks, sweaters, etc...

These are some packing lists available on the web, I've used them before and I've found them very useful. Please check these sites out!

The Universal Packing List
One Bag

I still think your own packing list is essential for everyone, coz everyone needs different things on their trip, e.g. I need White Flower Oil (I'm sure I can't find it on any of these lists, haha!!)

And the universal packing list is a bit too long, tho you can find some interesting use of things you have like...
Dental floss
Is said to be perfect as a cheese slicer, and reports say it is perfect as heavy-duty sewing thread! "I also found it useful to mend my tent, tie up a broken strap on my daypack, even as an emergency shoelace! I heard of travellers using it as fishing line when camping beside rivers and lakes. Floss is very strong, practically unbreakable in most situations."
- Stephen Psallidas

Or something you've never imagined you'll bring on a trip
Disposable syringes
In remote parts of the world, take some disposable syringes with you in case you need medical attention and want to avoid glass needles. Doctors in developing countries may have the best of intentions but sterilizing equipment may not always be possible or practiced.

HAHA!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i sometimes really use dental floss for sewing..esp for buttons which need extra strong threads....^_^

aMy said...

Really?? I've never thought of using it that way.