Monday, June 09, 2008

Philip Island

Hundreds of tourists went to Philip Island for the penguins every night.

I joined the Bunyip Tours, It's the CHEAPEST one I can find on the internet. It's just AUD 99. Remember to look for coupons in the booklets when you get to Melbourne, I got AUD $10 off my Philip Island day trip from a coupon in this booklet. My trip to Philip Island just cost me $89 with the Bunyip Tours. HAHA!!

Also according to the Tour Company website, it is a very environmentally friendly company, it has balanced its carbon footprint and use recycled paper for their brochures!! Join their tour the next time you go to Philip Island!!

I've joined their tour at the company office at Flinders Street.



There are 3 more Chinese girls on the tour apart from me, one is from China, one is from Hong Kong (these first two are working as nurses at Brisbane) and one is from Taiwan. haha!! The Taiwanese girl is on working holiday visa, and I learnt a lot about working holiday visa from her, she has quite bad English, so I talked in my poor Putonghua... =P HAHA!!

Apart from the penguins, we also went to a wildlife reserve to see kangaroos, wombats, Tasmanian devils, and a winery along the way before going to Philip Island.

After arriving at Philip Island, we went to Woolamai Beach...


The Nobbies, Philip Island, where you're supposed to be able to see fur seals in the islands really far away if you use binoculars...



As at the Summerland beach viewing area, we cannot take any photos of the penguins. Our guide told us to search for them under the board walk at the Nobbies, and we found them!!!





Be careful when you get the Summerland beach for penguins if you're driving


This is how the penguins look...


For more photos from the Philip Island,
Philip Island (Australia 2008)

No comments: