Thursday, June 19, 2008

What I did after my exams...



Is it just me who can't stand reading a book with a dumb hero/heroine?

I had the misfortune of picking up a book with this incredibly stupid heroine. It dampened my mood in reading, I can't believe I don't want to read after NOT reading any non-exam related stuff for so long...

I think Phillipa Gregory chose Mary Boleyn as the heroine in the Other Boleyn Girl for the happy ending (I don't know for sure, because I have only read like 1/4 of the book and I don't think I can finish it), as Anne Boleyn would be beheaded.

I don't know much about this part of English history other than the fact Anne Boleyn would die on the guillotine. And I have to admit I don't know much about Mary Boleyn, but all she did in the parts I read was obeying what other people told her to do, falling in "love" (more likely in lust) with a guy she didn't even know/understand/communicate with...

I know I'm in the minority when I read the reviews on Amazon.com, I'm not the only one though. =P The writing is so bad, and absolutely disengaging... Don't even waste your money on this book.

I have abandoned this book, and started another book I have wanted to read for quite some time-- the Amulet of Samarkand, the beginning is quite promising, let me see if the rest is as good.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a TV series I have wanted to watch for a long time. It has never been shown in any of the TV channels in Hong Kong as far as I know. (Maybe I am wrong.)



It is interesting to watch this TV series, it was produced like 10 years ago (season 1) about these high school students, and although their high school life was a lot different than mine =P, it felt better to watch this than others about high school students now because they make me feel so old. =P

The plot is not exactly new, the vampire slayer falling for the vampire. And the special effects 10 years ago were not good. =P However, it's got a smart and strong heroine! I'm not a man, but I still like looking at her, she's quite pretty. =) Though I don't understand why she wore all these short skirts when she had to kick the bad guys so often, haha!!

And Angel! (Angel was the vampire Buffy fell in love with, he's a guy, his actual name was Angelus. =P) Wow!!!!



The storyline and acting are quite good. No wonder it was so popular in the US.

haha! I am determined to waste at least one month of my time!! haha!!

No comments: