Friday, November 24, 2006

Bombing in Iraq

I am so sad after watching the news this morning about the recent car bombing in Iraq. More than 200 people died in this bombing. My mom told me she was confused about who was attacking whom when I discussed this with her. I explained that the Shi'ite is more pro-US and Sunni is the Saddam Hussein group, Sunni are killing Shi'ite.

As I was talking I realised I maybe fooled by the news, because this seemed like a children's story, where black and white are clearly defined. I was wondering if there's some political agenda behind all these that are not being reported... portraying Sunni as evil ones... And that's all I know... As you read from my previous post, I hate ignorance, especially in myself, haha, so I set out to search for the answers, you can read more about it here...

The US army will probably have to leave sooner or later with the people being fed up with the rising death toll of US soldiers.

What will happen to Iraq when they leave? Full blown civil war?

No comments: