Saturday, November 03, 2007

Al Jazeera

Al Jazeera may sound foreign to you. What about 卡塔爾半島電視台??

Like most people in Hong Kong, when I think about Al Jazeera, I'll think of Osama bin Laden and a bunch of terrorists...

That is why this program from RTHK surprised me. Everyone should watch it. This channel is not just the enemy of the Americans, it is also the enemy of the Arabs! And many of its staff are recruited from the BBC!!!! (Click on the above link and hear the British accent of the guy (sheikh something, forgot his name) from the TV channel in the middle of the program!!!!)

I did a bit of a search on the web
Official website of Al Jazeera
YouTube page on Al Jazerra (you can actually watch their English programs here!!!)

If you take a look at their programs, it isn't that much different from what we would think of as a "normal" TV channel...

Interesting... I'll certainly watch the next episode on Al Jazeera...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, I also watched that TV programme and enjoyed it. I will surely watch the next episode =D

aMy said...

WHEN I have time, I think I'll watch some of those programs on YouTube, kinda interested to know how these programs are different or same as those we watch every day...