Sunday, November 18, 2007

District Council Election TODAY!

I left home early to go and vote for the District Council election today. As I have said before, there are two candidates in my constituency. Number one is someone claimed to be independent BUT got support from leaders of the DAB. (Yeah, you’re REALLY independent.) He won last time because of all the gifts, cheap tours and befriending elderly in the district. (I met him TWICE this week, he never even looked at me, nor talked to me, but I saw him talking to all elderly people, urging them to vote for him. I guess he KNEW young people are not going to vote for him.) Then there’s the other candidate number one who has recently lost his wife, he lost in the last election, even when he’s on the democratic side (and July 1st effect was really significant last time).

This morning, as I was walking to the polling station, I noticed one thing, the assistants for candidate number one are mostly elderly people or middle-aged women. For candidate number two, there are far less assistants but most of them are middle aged men or young people.

I don’t know if it’s because of the time (I voted before 9am) or what, I was the first female in my age group (and around the same ID number) to vote =P, hope there are more young people voting later, otherwise candidate number one will won in a landslide. (I think he’ll win anyway, but I don’t want him to win too easily.)

After I have voted (for candidate number two of course, though I never sought help from District Councillors, I just hated candidate number one, and don’t want him to win.) and left the station, there was this girl doing a station polling survey. She asked me which candidate I voted for and why. A) political party B) service C) I don’t remember D) Others… I chose A… but the fact is I really don’t like candidate number one. =P

No comments: