Saturday, July 12, 2008

Flamenco First Lesson

As I have mentioned before, I have decided to join dance classes to have more exercise in an interesting way. =) Today is my first flamenco lesson.

The dance course is quite cheap! Just $520 for 8 lessons. I think CCDC (City Contemporary Dance Company) Dance Centre should be a reputable learning place. One of my friends warned me it's too cheap, probably a very big class.

Today, I attended to the class with linlin, and as we walked towards the dance centre, we saw this 濟公贈診室 just next to the dance centre (the yellow building). Wonder what sort of medication they give to people?? Just like "Chai Kung"?? HAHAHA!!

Image039

Anyway, the centre is like a secondary school inside, and the instructor is quite a pretty girl. One really weird girl wore a short dress and a pair of platform shoes (!) for flamenco lesson, really weird...

However, I think the class is quite good, value for money! There are just like around or less than 15 students, a small class! None of them said they have learnt any flamenco, but some of them apparently were quite good in dancing, as seen from the warming exercises... they could stretch their body quite easily, whereas I... sigh... Some of them even bought flamenco shoes and skirts for their lessons, they seemed really serious in learning.

I'm poor in coordinating my body movements!! Kept on forgetting steps and stuff... I still remember the flamenco performance I saw in Spain, the dancer could dance solo, and that is why I'd rather learn flamenco than other social dance (which usually require a partner). =)

Afterwards, linlin and I went to a nearby shopping arcade for dinner and saw this cute sign!! SO CUTE!!!

Image040

Hope I won't forget everything before the next lesson, I can't remember much now, just a few hours later...

No comments: