Monday, July 07, 2008

wi-fi

Today, I had breakfast at McDonald's, and while I was there, I suddenly remembered there is supposed to be free wi-fi, so I got my eeePC out, and did a little search...

(Sorry for the poor quality of the screen capture)

clip_image002

clip_image003

Surprisingly, there were quite a few wi-fi networks in the TST McDonald's... but only 2 were secured wi-fi and I don't think they are free. Apart from the wi-fi provided by the government, is there are secure free wi-fi anywhere in Hong Kong? How can I check emails and stuff with these unsecured networks... hmm...??

What's meant by "universities via Y5Zone"... that's a secure network, but I can't find anything about it on the Y5Zone website... I'm supposed to have 100 minutes of free wi-fi every month with Y5Zone now with my new broadband plan... but I supposed it's probably the unsecured network...

Oh I found what's universities via Y5Zone, it's provided for students and staff of the various HK universities, but how come they don't provide secure networks to other people?? hmm... weird... it's WPA encrypted... so it's good...

No comments: