Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yuen Long City Centre

Today, I ventured into Yuen Long City Centre after work... (Sorry for the poor quality, it was my phone camera with only 2 Mega Pixels...)

Image061

Image060

It looks like some other old districts in Hong Kong at first glance.

However, I don't think you can find these easily in Kowloon/Hong Kong Island now? I remember I used to see these quite often when I was a kid.

Image060b

And I don't think I have ever see shops for this purpose ever... maybe I have never paid much attention... =P

Image061b

Ghost seeking??? hmm... interesting, I can understand why one needs an "expert" for this job. But why do you need to pay her for worshipping those "gods"? I don't understand...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes. I do also think Yuen Long retains some old things that are no longer seen in Kowloon/Hong Kong.