Sunday, July 20, 2008

Flamenco Second Lesson

You thought flamenco class is just using your body, not your mind...

I received this sheet of NOTES!! for my flamenco class yesterday!

P1060714

The teacher said we should count the beats by Spanish... and know the names of the dance steps, so we need to learn a bit of Spanish... unfortunately my Spanish is just limited to "gracias", "Hola", "senor" and "senorita"... =P so I probably need to spend a bit of time on it...

The second lesson we learned a bit more of the steps and twisting of wrists. I discovered I really need a bit more of stretching exercise, coz when the teacher forced me to do some stretching exercise (in a position I have never done before), I had trouble standing up afterwards because my calf felt so PAINFUL!!! And I found out that shoes without straps is not a good idea for flamenco...

No comments: