Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Pianist

Pianist

The Pianist will be shown again on TVB Pearl tomorrow at 9:30pm.

I always tell people I don't watch this sort of movies. This "sort" meaning the sort that makes me unhappy.

Surprisingly, I liked it when I first watched it.

The movie is based on the true story of a famous Jewish pianist, Wladyslaw Szpilman, surviving the Holocaust. I'm not sure if I will re-watch it tomorrow, it's definitely heavy stuff. If you have never watched it before, I strongly recommend you to watch it tomorrow.

The movie was described like this in one of the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. I don't know how to describe my feelings on the movie better than this. "A portrait of hell so shattering it's impossible to shake."

(btw, seldom seen a movie being rated so high on Rotten Tomatoes =P)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

我當年在戲院睇這套戲, 的確係令人感到吃力, 不過, 實在值得睇!