Thursday, October 04, 2007

Book Storage

The problem with my love for reading is how to store books.

I have ran out of shelves for putting books on long ago and started storing books in boxes. However, they got so high, I can't even get them down... I have recently bought two more boxes to put under my bed...

And then there's the problem of storing paperback. I don't know why the quality of paper of English paperbacks are so much poorer than that of Chinese books. (And I don't read Chinese books much these days.) They got yellowish much more quickly. (Probably want us to buy hardcovers, but I can't buy hardcovers for every book! Not every book has the hardcover version anyway...)

I tried a lot of ways and still my books are deteriorating rapidly.

I have seriously considered e-books, but I really hate reading from the screen and it's just different to curl up in your bed with a real book.

Here's my latest investment in an attempt to protect my books and conserve the environment... a bit expensive tho...

P1050295

P1050296

Supposed to be a dehumidifier... wonder if it works...

Any good ways to protect your books you can share??

Here's some info I found years ago, I've been following most of the advice as far as possible. (No air-conditioning room for storage I'm afraid. =P) Still...

No comments: