Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Promotion

I don't know about other professions, in mine, explicit promotion is forbidden.

A few days ago, I browsed through a very popular blogger's Facebook profile. (He's also in my profession, but I don't know him personally, though we have quite a few common friends actually according to Facebook =P. And I don't like reading his blog, but I know about him.)

He listed his business address & phone number on his profile page.

I don't know how effective this kind of promotion is, or if it's intended to be a promotion maybe it's just a way of correspondence, though I do not think that is the case. I guess with a popular blogs, you can pretty much promote anything. It's easier than getting someone to interview you on TV. Or posing in the nude for magazine covers like a certain lawyer. =P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

he is too high profile now. personally, i don't see he is really that great as he described himself in his blog. and i really doubt his reason of leaving HA as disappointed by HA.

aMy said...

You told me you knew him from before. After hearing what you said about him, I believe in what you said. And what he said on his blog is not really good =P I have NO idea why he's so popular.