Thursday, October 11, 2007

Buying English Books in HK

The biggest English bookstore in Hong Kong must be PageOne, I have never bought any books there. The books are so expensive, and most of the time I can't find the books I want there.

I usually shop first by choosing a book at Amazon.com, you can browse through parts of the book after entering details of a valid credit card. (They won't charge you for it, I guess that's just to make sure you can actually buy a book.) Then I'll buy the book at Paddyfield.com. You can buy a book there at the original price. And you can get free delivery for purchases over HK$150.

I have recommended this online bookstore to many of my friends. (I thought many of my friends knew, then I discovered some still don't, that's why I am writing this post.) Try it if you want to save money on your books.

I still can't find a good English second hand book store on the Kowloon side (to sell my books) yet. (I'm too lazy to drag all my books to one I found in Central.) Please tell me if you know of any.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i often buy books from paddyfield.com as well

aMy said...

Really?

I like the onlline bookstore, the price is reasonable and I can pretty much get any book I want (which is pretty difficult in most bookstores in HK)