Monday, October 01, 2007

A Fistful of Charms


The first half of the book is like non-stop adventure with lots of surprises, I loved it! The second half is not that great tho, it's good, just not great. The adventure is still non-stop, but I can't help feeling the plot is being dragged on and on, even when there're still plenty of action. It took way too long to for them execute the plan they had come up with in the middle of the book. That combined with the lack of Kristen, the development of Rachel's relationship with Ivy, the continued presence of Nick whom I have come to dislike with this book really dampened my enjoyment of this book.

One problem I can foresee is that the sexual relationship between Ivy and Rachel seems to be inevitable and I really do NOT want that to happen. (I don't know why, I'm okay with reading about Jules & Robin, Lord John & Percy.)

However, I'd rather read about Rachel the bi than Anita Blake the Second. Ms Harrison, just please don't turn Rachel Morgan into Anita the Second.

I'm waiting for the paperback of For a Few Demons More. I don't think I'll buy a hardcover.

No comments: