Thursday, March 08, 2007

Beauty or Brains?

I remembered a female writer said she'd rather have beauty than brains.

The logic behind this choice is mainly for attracting guys, I presume. Seriously, though I have read in so many magazines, books about guys who are attracted to intelligent women (because they are smart, NOT because they also happen to be beautiful), in real life, I have never heard of any guys who're like this... hmm... Most of them want pretty/sweet/gentle girls...

Something happened today and I asked myself this same question (obviously I am NOT the few lucky ones who are blessed with both, haha! Not that I can choose anyway...)

I'd rather choose brains... (I won't say I'm a genius, but I don't think people who know me would ever consider me an idiot...)

I can't imagine myself being a brainless bimbo... I hate idiots, and I don't want to hate myself... And what would happen when I became an old crone then? With nothing, no beauty, no brains...?

Brains... Definitely brains...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

美麗可以人工"創造", 智慧可以是天生的, 可以係累積的.

有限的時間內, 我情願向智慧方向發展, 同樣的努力, 我認為發展智慧較為值得, 因為隨年月逝去, 美麗會褪色的同時, 內在的智慧反倒散發更奪目的光芒.

所以, 唔洗戴d咩Leo diamond, 有智慧的女人都好閃!!

Unknown said...

but there is female creature in the world that has no beauty (well, both inner and outer) and brain at all. haha... i guess you know what/who i mean. hee...