Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Best way to get donations

Whenever you go to MTR stations these days, you see old ladies selling cookies for Helping Hands...

I don't really like cookies. And I don't really think Helping Hands is a really worthwhile charity. I bought a cookie from one of them years ago because it is really difficult to say no to them.

Not because they follow you if you don't buy one.

Because they work so hard, and they look so old... so...

This year, I have to strongly resist the urge to go buy a cookie from them. Firstly, I don't like Helping Hands. (No, not because I don't give any money to charity, because I do.) Secondly, I don't like cookie. Thirdly, even if I wanted to help the organisation, I would write them a cheque to get the tax deduction... Lastly, there are so many different old ladies in different MTR stations every day, how can I buy cookies from all of them?

I feel so guilty about this though...

This is really the best way to get donations...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

another is using tiny kid...

aMy said...

I won't give any money to a tiny kid, they're just out to play, they don't understand what tehy're doing

On the other hand, if you use handicapped ppl... that's a different story

Anonymous said...

sometimes there are tiny kids coming up to u not really knowing what they are doing with their supervisor....at times hard to refuse them and spoil their dreams...;p though that may be part of the intention of the people who organized it to gather more donations, it is true that it may raise awareness among kids and encourage them to take part in more such activities in the future, ideally...

i absolutely refuse/ignore and look down on people pretending to be monks/nuns begging for money

i also kinda feel not toward giving money to handicapped people flauting their disability to beg for money in the streets....it may be hard for them, but i am sure there is something else they can do to earn money and make their life more worthwhile/fruitful....or am i being too harsh and 'teen chun'?

haha i am deviating from your topic of charity donation

aMy said...

I'm NOT talking about begging. I'm talking about raising money. Handicapped ppl doing volunteer work.