Thursday, February 08, 2007

Amys

I don't particularly like this name... I chose this name in Primary 1, when my mom gave me a list of English names to choose from (for school), and I chose the shortest among them... Amy...

I regretted this even in Primary School. I had the experience of being one of the FOUR Amys in one class... Many more in other classes... I don't understand why so many people chose this name.

These other Amys left school for overseas one by one, by the time I graduated from secondary school, there were just one or two Amys left.

I have never got to know another Amy all through my university days and different workplaces... It's like all Amys suddenly disappear, maybe all of them have changed their names...

Until recently.

In this new workplace, there is this very senior person also called Amy. I called her today, and said, "This is Amy." I think she thought I was just saying her name, and then I repeated this, she was like, "Oh, you're Amy X(my last name)"...

And then after leaving work (LATE BECAUSE OF WEBPAE, WANT TO KILL IT!), the operator called me for some problems for the cases tomorrow. And it turned out that they called her first, coz they mistook her for me, haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm...i think it's still better than last wk when i met mrs lau. ha...

aMy said...

my 1st name is common, but both your 1st & last names are common, so... hehe...