Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Why I hate Chinese New Year

When I was a kid, Chinese New Year was the most boring festival of all.

And the hypocrisy... everyone just wishes everyone lots of good things, like a tongue twister competition...

"Oh, Kung Hei Fat Choi, Happy New Year, wish you healthy and get lots of money, and get a baby every year... (pls fill in the blanks) and get whatever you want..."

And then when you want to go out, nothing is open... (it's improved in the recent years, but it doesn't matter to me, coz I like staying at home.)

And so when you actually turn the TV on because you're so bored... You see re-runs of TV shows... interrupted by unimaginative commercials, "Company A wishes everyone fat choi."

You've got so much time, but there's NOTHING for you to kill time with, except maybe kill yourself (just kidding, in case you don't appreciate joking like this during CNY)...

I hated it as a kid, but actually I hate it less as an adult (I still don't like it), coz most of the time I can just stay home... tons of stuff to do, too little time, it's good to have a few days to rest. And the most wonderful thing of all, I no longer need to "bai nin" anymore!!! WOW!

No comments: