Friday, February 23, 2007

Why I like staying at home & not going out

My mom told me repeatedly that when I was very very very young (I'm not sure when, probably before kindergarten), I insisted on going to the market with her even though I was dead tired. And she ended up carrying me and the food back home in the end coz I fell asleep while walking... =P

When I was a kid, I must have really loved going out!

I remember when I was a teenager, I did not go out often because of money. (It's not as bad as portrayed by the news, my family had less than many families getting CSSA, and I could have extra-curricular activities, so just ignore those people on the news saying how poor their children are, not having money to join Scouts/Guides... and I'm WAY off topic here, let me get back on track...)

Now that I have enough money to go out as often as I want, I don't want to go out... haha.

I don't know when the exact turning point is... I have loved reading ever since I was in kindergarten, my mom said I asked her to buy books even before she knew I could read =P And now, reading is still my favourite hobby. (hehe, I just spent my CNY in a reading binge, 7 books!!)

I just know I prefer to stay at home now. Reading, most of the time. If I ever go out, I usually have to make myself leave home. I guess the most important reason for me is in maintaining relationships.

Human relationship is a really fragile thing, when you leave it aside for a while, it'll be lost. That's why even though I don't enjoy going out all that much, I still enjoy an occasional day out especially when I treasure the relationship with some of the people whom I'll be meeting.

It doesn't make it less tedious sometimes, because you still need to talk to people you don't like all that much, and I'm sure I would enjoy reading more, well... I do like meeting with friends whom I like, in order to have that, I guess I need to risk going to some boring gatherings. =P haha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

something to add to your comment of 'why can't you stay at home during CNY???!!' before...

i am lazy. ultra lazy.
i will while the day at home heh.
sleep. read. sleep. sweep the floor. read . eat. sleep. it is so easy.

i used to be addicted to novels but now i read on the internet.
i must admit though although i read stories on the internet everyday and the whole day if there is nothing else to do, the passion is less compared to my high school days when i would take a book into shower.

but novels did take a great part in helping me with learning/improving languages i believe.

i am similar that i am often too lazy to go out with pple..preferring to spend some time alone..but will go out to maintain relationships...i will at many times opt out of large gatherings full of pple i am not very 'suk' with. and i meet who i call really good 'friends' only once in a few months/sometimes few times/yr...depending on mood and individual free time.

knowing my 'hard-to-get-out' nature preferring to rest/study/rest a lot of the time, i need to really get out/at times force myself when i get the impulse to do so. i think it is necessary from time to time to give me new exposure, and i know that once i get out i will feel refreshed and with another new experience to form myself.

aMy said...

haha! you're similar to me in this aspect! lazy to go out!

And I used to bring books into bathroom when I had baths! hehe!