Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Elbow splint

If you've been reading my blog, you'll remember I got some hand numbness a few months ago. It has happened again in the past month but this time the area affected is much more definite... (definitely ulnar this time, forget it if you don't know what I mean, it's rather technical)

The tingling and numbness got worse, and I really can't stand it, coz the keyboard at work is much higher then my arm level, so I need to bend my elbows a lot, you didn't even realise how many times you need to bend your elbow every day until every single time you flex it, my fingers got tingling and numb...

I could not stand it and sought help from an orthopaedic surgeon last week. (Someone I don't know, sigh, from my enneagram test, I hate seeking help from others, that's definitely the case here, I hate this...)

Yesterday I spent 1.5 hrs waiting in his clinic (tho already faster than other patients, but I'm almost late for work... sigh...) and then got a splint to wear during sleep to keep my arm from bending in sleep... (and I got to ask my senior to release me for a short while to go to have the splint customised while at work...)

I tried it for the first time this afternoon, I woke up with my shoulders and back aching... sigh...

P1020505
P1020506

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did u always woke up with numbness in the ulnar area after u sleep? or just during work?
I got that after sleeping too. Always thought it is a natural thing. Didn't realize it needs treatment!
mm..maybe I need a splint too :P

Anonymous said...

保重呢, 代禱記念!

aMy said...

onion, both at work and after sleep, sigh...

aMy said...

S, thx

aMy said...

onion, and I also got it while typing on a keyboard, eating while my arms on the table, writing on the table with my left hand holding the piece of paper fixed... sigh... in short whenever I flex my elbow

Anonymous said...

Oh si poor.. mine only when I sleep. Take care. Hope u get well soon! :P