Thursday, April 12, 2007

The best English teacher I have ever had

I have never really had a bad English teacher, unlike the one I mentioned yesterday...

Just like many students from my school, he made such a strong impression on us, not just on English =P

I still remembered I got my first FAILED (!) English essay from him... That happened in Form 6. (My grammar has never been bad, it's the lack of style and boring content that he hated). I worked hard to write really good essays after then. I learned to write with a good beginning line and in an idiomatically correct way. Finally I got 8 out of 9 for an essay in Form 7! I still have that essay at home! (I could write better then compared to my blog now, because I put more time and energy into it then.)

No one dared to say "in the society" anymore after two years :), and his jokes on our poor English is still fresh on my mind: "If you say 'make me to cry', you will make me cry." =P

I don't remember reading any essays that he wrote, until I received this FSA newsletter today! I don't think my school is really good in building character =P unlike what he said in the newsletter. I can see he does what he preaches in writing essays though.

P1020546

1 comment:

aMy said...

If I have time, I'll type and post the good one... not today tho... dead tired...