Monday, April 09, 2007

Dead Witch Walking

My holidays are over!! I can't believe I haven't done much in FIVE days!

Saturday and Sunday are difficult, I have to go to church. Ching Ming Festival, I went to the cemetery and then watched the Pursuit of Happyness with friends. Five days of leave, actually there are only two days left...

Friday, I spent my day fixing the computer problem I found on Thursday... (If you ever have the problem opening a streaming windows media file, AND you're using Windows Media Player 11, uninstall it and reinstall WMP 10... this is what I learnt after WASTING HOURS!!)

Most of the time, I spent my holiday in bed... sleeping... I am exhausted... I woke up at 10:30am this morning, and went to sleep again at 2:30pm today =P

All the things I planned to do during Easter, but did not, includes:
1. Preparing the lesson on the Book of Esther for Children's Service two weeks later...
2. Online Bible course I have applied (this is the origin of the Windows Media Player problem), I just had one lesson, sigh...
3. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY... I have just studied a little bit... sigh...

Yesterday I cannot stand the idea of NOT EVEN reading one novel for the holidays. I picked Dead Witch Walking from my TBR (to be read) pile. I have picked this one up earlier on, but stopped after 10 pages... quite a boring beginning but once you got past the first few chapters, it just gets better and better.

So many people like Kim Harrison, so I thought I have to try one out. (Not to mention her books were said to be a mix of Anita Blake and Stephanie Plum. I AM a fan of the EARLY Anita Blake books and Stephanie Plum's series have gorgeous and exciting guys, hey I'm shallow, don't tell me you read them for Stephanie instead of Joe and Ranger.)

The plot is fast-paced after the first few chapters, but the heroine, to be honest, is not a smart girl... She has no plans AT ALL. Unlike Anita Blake, who's talented, Rachel Morgan just have lots of smart friends... =P (Though she is slightly smarter than Stephanie Plum...)

I am looking forward to the other books in her series. I don't normally like vampire/paranormal books other than the Anita Blake series, but I think if you just want to enjoy an exciting ride, this book is a good choice.

No comments: