Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Digital Camera shopping

No, I still haven't bought the DC I wanted! I just want to vent my anger here!!!

I went to buy a DC for the professor who came to Hong Kong all the way from Australia to teach us in a revision course. We've decided on Canon IXUS 850IS. Great function, I would have chosen this one if I wanted an automatic camera. =P However, I wanted a manual one... (btw, for those who've been reading about my DC hunting story, Panasonic just dropped the price of LX 2 to 3990!!!)

However, both Broadway AND Fortress ran out of all their stock!!!

The two biggest electrical & electronic products stores in Hong Kong!

Then, what could I do? I went to another shop I've never bought anything from before CITICALL!! Why all the !!!? I need to warn all of you about the shop.

When I asked them, they told me the gifts they offered were exactly like the other two companies. I decided to buy it in case all the camera will be sold by tomorrow...

Then I realised the gifts are much worse!!!

Fortress offered high speed 1GB SD card, Broadway offered 2GB Toshiba SD card (at a slightly higher price or 1GB at a lower price). I didn't ask about the battery, but I was given a battery (not Canon one obviously) that looked horrible... like it's going to explode later...

And I asked if I could get the camera cheaper without the gifts. The salesperson said the price was fixed! (Broadway told me they could give me a further discount without the accessories...)

A HORRIBLE SHOPPPING EXPERIENCE! I would have waited for the camera from Broadway or Fortress if I were buying for myself. Unfortunately, I needed it THIS WEEK!!!

Remember, NEVER buy from CITICALL!!!!!!!!

No comments: