Thursday, December 07, 2006

How to plan for travelling overseas for dummies with a low budget? (Part 5)

For me, the most difficult part of travelling without a tour group is getting from place to place in somewhere without metro...

The problem for me is I don't know how to drive. Honestly, if I knew how to drive, renting a car would be expensive for me.

My solution is to join local day tours or local tours.

I strongly recommend this company if you're ever thinking about going to Ireland-- Shamrocker. I went to Newgrange from Dublin on this company's tour.

You can find a lot of day tours from this site as well-- Viator.com. For different countries in the whole world. I joined a tour from this site last time I went to Spain. I didn't like the tour though it was a cheap way to travel around. It was cheaper than train tickets. However, the tour was conducted in all sorts of different languages...

We got on the tour bus, then the guide started to speak in some sort of language I don't understand... then after a while, I raised my hand and said, "Sorry, but I don't speak Spanish!"

The man started to mumble something about he had already asked us before whether we understood him or not... Luckily, some guy from the States was sitting next to us, he said he did not hear him asking us anything in ENGLISH!

well... that day continued with everything explained in 3 or 4 different languages, the last one being English, so very boring day...

No comments: