Sunday, December 10, 2006

Voting

This week is the voting week. With the mayor election in Taiwan yesterday and the Election Committee Poll in Hong Kong today. For the whole week, news seemed to be all about elections.

I have always wanted to vote ever since I was a kid. I completed the voter's registration form myself a few days after my 18th birthday. (There was no upcoming elections at that time and hence no promotional campaign to get people registered. I just picked up the form myself!)

And I've NEVER missed voting UNTIL TODAY!

Last week, someone (who knew some of the candidates) reminded me to go and vote today, AS IF I need ANY reminder. I told him, "I can't go. I have to be on call from 8:30am (for 24 hours for anyone who doesn't know), and the polling centre is too far away from my home, and it opens at 7:30am, how can I vote? I didn't even bother to think whom I would choose from the list."

NOT THAT it makes any difference, Donald Tsang will still be the next Chief Executive. The government policies in our sector is not gonna be much different, no matter who becomes the chief executive. He's just going to give some empty or vague promises. I'd really like Alan Leong to get a chance to participate in the race though.

No comments: